Building tomorrow’s buildings…today
If you’re an owner, project manager, architect or designer that’s looking to push the envelope of what’s possible in building construction; and achieve the highest energy and environmental standards as set out by LEED, you need look no further than OakWood Commercial Services.
We offer a complete, turnkey Design & Build solution – or we can work with your architects or designers as a build partner you can trust for an amazing building that’s constructed to master builder standards.
The OakWood High Performance Building
Energy-efficiency for reducing your energy costs and carbon footprint
Healthy environments for living and work
Technology enablement, including the Smart Building and intelligent building automation
Sustainable, green-building practices and environmental leadership
Incorporating innovations from any or all areas will drive the customized design and build solution for your project – and defines what we mean by a “high-performance building.”
More information on the OakWood High Performance concept
The OakWood High Performance Building: energy efficient, technology enabled, healthier, and eco-friendly
- OakWood can provide recommendations on energy reducing options all the way to net-zero building which can produce as much energy as it uses
- Techniques include: improving the building envelope to ensure a high R-value, solar panels, geothermal saving up to 70% in heading mode and up to 50% in cooling mode, lighting solutions, tankless water heater, Energy Star™ appliances and many others
- Take advantage of the Internet of Things to connect to, automate, or control anything from any location on the planet: smart hubs, remote control switches, home alarms and sensors, smart door locks, security cameras, appliances, and more
- We can recommend design elements and non-toxic building materials to eliminate irritants and create a healthy living environment for your family
- Options include materials that don’t emit toxic gases and are mold resistant, biobased insulation options, incorporating passive solar and quiet energy efficient hydronic (radiant) heating systems, heat and energy recovery ventilators and other solutions
- We can help you build as green as you want – while practicing the most eco-friendly construction methods in the industry
- Options include products that use reclaimed lumber, recycled plastic, recycled glass or natural products such as bamboo, cork, linoleum (anything that is made with natural, renewable products), energy saving strategies including low flow faucets and toilets, tankless water heaters, LED lights, rainwater
Take advantage of over 60 years of construction experience
A family run business with deep roots in the Ottawa construction industry, OakWood has earned a reputation for quality and reliability that is second to none. We specialize in the design and build of high-performance, energy efficient buildings that meet or exceed LEED certification requirements.
Our Commercial Services provides specialized in-house expertise in the following areas:
Energy and atmosphere – including on-site renewable energy and Green Power options
Strategies and technologies for achieving water savings and superior energy efficiency
Innovative design – we work with architects or designers of your choice to turn a building vision into reality
Sustainable sites – including site selection, brownfield redevelopment, protecting or restoring habitat, heat island considerations and others
Water efficiency – reducing, efficient landscaping, innovative wastewater technologies
Indoor environmental quality – including air quality performance and management, natural light and views, use of low emitting materials (for floors and walls)
Materials and resources – including recycling and materials reuse
With over 60 years construction experience and a reputation for quality that is second to none, you can trust OakWood to plan, design, and build it right.
Book a complimentary no obligation consultation
Everything about our Commercial Service is customized to your specific building needs. Let’s get started with a call. Or schedule a complimentary, no obligation consultation with one of our Design & Build consultants now.
865 Taylor Creek Drive,
Orleans ON, K4A 0Z9
Walk-ins are welcome. However, we do recommend you schedule your visit to ensure an OakWood Consultant is available when you arrive.
The Proof is in the Pudding
The OakWood Corporate Headquarters & Design Centre– LEED Platinum Level Certification
“We wanted this building to be a testament to what is possible in terms of building green.”
John Liptak, Owner & CEO
In 2016, we celebrated the grand opening of a very special building. Our own corporate headquarters: a 22,700 square foot building located at 865 Taylor Creek Blvd, Ottawa. This building is expected to be one of Canada’s highest LEED Platinum buildings – and supports OakWood’s unique Design and Build approach for our Commercial Services, Renovation Experts, and Custom Homes.
The Design Centre drives an efficient planning and material selection process like no other: everything you need for your building is under roof
Key features include:
2017 Best Design Centre in Canada award from the Canadian Home Builders’ Association
- Designed with Hobin & Associates, one of Canada’s foremost green building experts
- Close to net zero producing 82 percent of the building’s power requirements through a combination of solar power and geo-thermal
- Features a massive showroom, seminar rooms, a 3D virtual display room, 74 LED screens to explore product and design options
- See fully functioning displays with an exceptional selection of sinks, faucets, baths, toilets, backsplashes and shower options, tile, cabinetry, countertops, trim, lighting solutions, windows, doors, appliances – all artfully displayed to fuel your design and imagination
- Choose from over 7,500 items to pique your imagination – PLUS a database of 150,000 items
- Work with our in-house designers or an architect of your choice
“There’s nothing like it in North America”
– Mike Holmes